- cxf-jaxrs-xmlsecurity: This project shows how to use XML Signature (and Encryption) to secure JAX-RS services. In particular, see the AuthenticationTest.
- cxf-jaxrs-sts: This project demonstrates how to use HTTP/BA for authentication for JAX-RS, where the credentials are dispatched as a UsernameToken are dispatched to an STS instance for authentication. In addition, the project shows how to authorize the request by asking the STS for a SAML Token containing the roles of the user.
- cxf-kerberos: This project (covered previously for JAX-WS) has been updated with a test that shows how to use Kerberos with JAX-RS.
- cxf-saml-sso: This project shows how to leverage SAML SSO with Apache CXF to achieve SSO for a JAX-RS service. CXF supports the POST + redirect bindings of SAML SSO for JAX-RS endpoints. As part of this demo, a mock CXF-based IdP is provided which authenticates a client using HTTP/BA and issues a SAML token using the CXF STS. Authorization is also demonstrated using roles embedded in the issued SAML token.
- cxf-fediz-federation-sso: This project shows how to use the new CXF plugin of Apache Fediz 1.2.0 to authenticate and authorize clients of a JAX-RS service using WS-Federation. This feature will be documented more extensively at a future date, and is considered experimental for now. Please play around with it and provide feedback to the CXF users list.
Thursday, October 23, 2014
Apache CXF Authentication and Authorization test-cases IV
This is the fourth in a series of posts on authentication and authorization test-cases for web services using Apache CXF. The first focused on different ways to authenticate and authorize UsernameTokens for JAX-WS services. The second looked at more advanced examples such as using Kerberos, WS-Trust, XACML, etc. The third looked at different ways of achieving SSO in CXF for both JAX-WS and JAX-RS services. This post gives some examples of authenticating and authorizing JAX-RS services in Apache CXF. I also included the SSO examples relevant to JAX-RS from the previous post. The projects are: